I’ve already said my piece about healthwashing cookies. I think cookies should be cookies, no matter how “healthy” they may be.
That being said, I’ve wanted to make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Quinoa Cookies ever since I saw them on Kids Eat Right. Grain-of-the-moment quinoa in cookies? For real?
Turns out, these are rather delicious. Will making them with my kids convince them to eat quinoa on their dinner plates? I don’t know, but it’s worth a shot.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup old fashioned oats I put the oats through my mini food processor to get a finer texture
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or more to taste
- Combine quinoa, peanut butter, and honey in large bowl.
- Mix in oats, flaxseed, and salt.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Drop by tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment or a non-stick baking mat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- After you remove them from the oven, use the bottom of a glass to press down the tops of the cookies so they're flat.