My kids are frequently hungry. Or, at least that’s what they tell me. Sometimes I think they’re just bored, so I give them an apple and suggest we read a book or go outside.
But some days, their appetites seem to have no end. And there are times–like when we’re going on a car trip or headed up to bed–when full tummies are helpful. That’s where this snack comes in handy.
I first made Peanut Butter Balls during the Pantry Challenge earlier this year. Desperate for something sweet but facing bare cabinets and a busted budget, I rolled peanut butter and powdered sugar together and fell desperately in love.
|You might also like: 6 Amazing Recipes With Peanut Butter|
Since then, I’ve tweaked the recipe–upping the nutrition and downsizing the decadence. Feel free to add more or less honey, depending on your sweet tooth.
Peanut Butter Balls
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients. (f the consistency isn't quite roll-able, add more peanut butter or more oats or dry milk powder to get the right texture.)
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.