From-scratch cocoa trumps packets of Swiss Miss any day of the week. Mix up a batch of this (I often double it) and store in jars in your pantry so you’re ready for cold-nose-and-feet season. Mix it with milk for extra creaminess and nutrition.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cocoa Dutch-process preferred, though I used regular
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly.
- Place 1-2 heaping teaspoons of mix (more or less to taste) into a mug and fill with hot milk. Stir to combine.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until steaming. Stir well to completely dissolve and serve.