If you dread mealtime and feel defeated by a nightly chorus of “That’s yucky!”…
If you feel like you’ve failed because your kid doesn’t eat vegetables….
If you’re constantly worried you’re not doing it right when it comes to feeding your kids and feel pressure to do it “perfectly”…
And if you vaguely remember a meal called dinner that you used to enjoy….
This is a space where you are seen, understood–and never judged. You are safe here.
- EVERY mom can feel successful and confident about feeding her kids, let go of the stress, and enjoy mealtime again.
- Raising happy, healthy eaters isn’t about perfection. It’s about slow, steady progress.
- Feeding kids shouldn’t be a daily exercise in frustration.
- feeling confident that you’re nourishing your family well.
- enjoying more peaceful mealtimes, no bribes necessary.
- having healthy, kid-tested recipes that bring you smiles around the table.
I can help you get there.
When you become part of the Real Mom Nutrition community, you’ll get simple, stress-free strategies for feeding your kids that’ll make mealtime enjoyable again.
You’ll also get access to my free 6-week email course, The Picky Eater Problem Solver, which has helped hundreds of moms feel more confident about feeding their picky eaters.
Get the free e-course:
Hi, I’m Sally
As a registered dietitian with a bunch of initials after my name, I figured I should have the world’s most perfect eaters. Yeah, right! Like you, I used to agonize over toddler dinner strikes and beg my kid to take one more bite of broccoli. All I could think was: Feeding my kids shouldn’t be this hard!
So, using my knowledge as a dietitian and my years as a journalist covering nutrition for major magazines, I decided to learn everything I could about feeding kids and change my tactics (and most importantly, my mindset) for the better. I began to relax and feel more confident about my choices. My kids became calmer around food. And the dinner table wasn’t a battleground anymore. I created this space to share what I’ve learned with you, to reassure you that it’s okay not to be perfect, and to let you know that there’s hope for happier mealtimes.
How I can help you
Need a fuss-free, family-friendly recipe? Here are three fan-favorites:
Frustrated by feeding your kids?
- Learn The Dinnertime Rule that Can Change Your Life
- See The 5 Mistakes that Make Picky Eating Even Worse
- Find out Why “Just Take One Bite” Can Backfire
Need healthy snack ideas for your kids?
- Get my mega-list of 100+ Snacks for Kids Who Are Always Hungry
I received my Master’s Degree in Dietetics from The Ohio State University in 2006. As a registered dietitian, I’ve worked in weight management, prenatal nutrition, and diabetes education in both clinical and community settings.
I’ve also served as adjunct faculty at Otterbein University, as well as both the Lancaster and Chillicothe branch campuses of Ohio University.
As a writer specializing in nutrition, I’ve been published in nearly 20 national magazines including Parents, Prevention, Health, and Family Circle.
Get a weekly dinner menu (with recipes), curated reads picked just for you, and a personal note from me delivered to you each week. Bonus: You’ll get a copy of 16 game-changing tips for feeding kids when you sign up.