Packed with wholesome ingredients like oats and applesauce, these nut free snack bars make an easy breakfast or snack for kids and grown-ups.
I have a thing for peanut butter. We go through a jar a week around here, and a lot of it makes its way into various recipes I make.
But I know some of you can’t use peanut butter (or nuts and nut butters) in your recipes due to food allergies. So my original goal with this recipe was to create a bar that could be easily grabbed for breakfast or a snack that was totally nut- and peanut-free. I also decided to make the bars banana-free so my husband–who does not like banana in anything–could enjoy them too.
|Get More: All My Top Posts About Packing Lunches|
These nut free snack bars are soft and moist, sweet (but not too sweet), and very satisfying. You could easily swap in dried fruit for the chocolate chips.
|You might also like: 27 No-Bake Energy Bites|
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour, or regular whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Leave enough extra to drape the edges over slightly so you can lift the bars out when they're done. Or you can spray or grease the pan generously instead.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats through cinnamon) in a medium bowl. In another bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned around edges and set in the middle.
- If baked in parchment, gently lift bars out of pan and set on cooling rack. When cool, slice into squares.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122 Sodium: 86mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 5g