These No Bake Cookies are a classic, loaded with oats and chocolate-peanut buttery goodness–perfect for a special treat!
When I say these are THE BEST No Bake Cookies, I mean it. Because they have the distinction of winning a No Bake Bake-Off. Of sorts.
In fourth grade, a friend of mine and I were boasting about how great our mom’s cookies were. Both of us loved No Bake Cookies and both of us were convinced our mom made the very best ones. So we decided to make it interesting. We asked each of our mothers to make a batch and pack one in our lunch boxes for a cafeteria showdown taste test.
Turns out, her mom’s were actually better.
Once I recovered from my shock, I swallowed my pride and asked for the recipe. And I’ve been making them ever since.
I know there are health-ified versions of these cookies out there–with coconut sugar, chia seeds, and what have you–but I’m a purist when it comes to No Bakes. I’d rather make the real deal and enjoy them a couple times a year.
These No Bake Cookies are my dad’s very favorite cookie and my 13-year-old’s very favorite cookie. They’re one of my very favorites too.
- 2 cups sugar (white granulated)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup peanut butter (regular, not natural)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (or quick oats)
- Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk in a large saucepan and stir over medium-low heat until combined.
- Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for one minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, and oatmeal to mixture and stir until combined.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet. Cool, then remove from sheet with a spatula, and store in an airtight container.
Check out this trouble-shooter for no bake cookies in case your cookies turn out too dry or too gooey! The BEST No Bake Cookies:Click To Tweet