All you need is three ingredients to make a batch of homemade baked tortilla chips. So much crunchier and heartier than the bagged kind!
Chips are a staple in our house. That’s probably not what you were expecting a dietitian to say.
A decent amount of salsa and homemade guacamole gets eaten around here every week, and corn tortilla chips are the go-to delivery system.
I don’t know why it never occurred to me before to make my own baked tortilla chips. Yet it didn’t, until we had a batch of fresh homemade guac…and no chips. But we did have a bag of corn tortillas in the fridge.
|You might also like: How To Make No-Fail Stovetop Popcorn|
Now store-bought chips seem flimsy and inadequate next to these hearty, crispy wedges. The kids like them too!
Variations: Before baking, brush the tortilla wedges with a combination of olive oil and fresh lime juice. Or sprinkle them with my homemade taco spice mix.
- 5 small corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- Scatter wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides of each wedge with olive oil.
- Sprinkle kosher salt over one side of wedges.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Line a plate with a paper towel, and transfer chips on it to cool. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container once cool.
Easy Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips:Click To Tweet