Thanks to Applegate for sponsoring this post!
We babysat some backyard chickens last week, dropping by their coop every day to feed them and say hello. The perk of this job: Lots of fresh eggs!
Luckily, both of my kids love eggs. I finally got smart during the school year and taught my 9 year old how to cook eggs for himself and his little brother. But I love the idea of having something to make ahead for busy mornings, especially with summer day camps approaching.
These Scrambled Egg Muffins can be modified based on what your family likes best. Using the base of eggs and milk, you could add spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, crumbled bacon, or whatever you have on hand. My kids are fans of sausage, so I used some of the new Applegate Breakfast Sausage Patties, which I quickly cooked in the microwave and chopped up. As with all Applegate products, the sausage comes from animals that were humanely raised and not given hormones or antibiotics.
Scrambled Egg Muffins
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1/2 cup sausage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fill muffin tin with mixture (1/4 cup for each muffin).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days, reheating in the microwave or oven.
Disclosure: I’m happy to be working with Applegate this year as a member of their Advisory Board, because it’s a brand I buy and respect. I received free samples of the sausage patties I used for this recipe and am compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.