Do you have a love-hate relationship with frosted holiday sugar cookies like I do? They look so good. They taste SO GOOD. Problem is, they don’t feel so good. One buttercream-glazed cut-out snowman sends me into a headachy stupor. Though I’ll probably still have a sugar cookie or two this holiday season–because you know, maybe this time it will be different (it won’t)–it’s nice to have other goodies on hand that are delicious and festive but actually give me energy instead of zapping it away.
These Chocolate Peppermint Bites are rich, fudgy, and satisfying–but have NO added sugar, just the natural sweetness of dates and the seasonal flavor of peppermint. And because they’re so filling, I can eat just one. These are fun to pop into lunch boxes as a sweet surprise too.
You make these Chocolate Peppermint Bites in the food processor using just five ingredients, then roll them in unsweetened coconut (I use the Bob’s Red Mill brand).
No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Bites
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates packed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place almonds, dates, and cocoa powder in food processor and process until finely chopped.
- While food processor is running, add peppermint extract. Then add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together and forms a ball. It should be sticky but not wet.
- Roll into one-inch balls and then roll in coconut to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.