New to shopping at ALDI or need some ideas of what to buy? Here’s a healthy grocery list for ALDI!
Thank you to ALDI for sponsoring this post!
I have become something of an ALDI Guru in my community. People come up to me randomly on the sidelines of the youth soccer field or at our elementary school’s open house night and ask, “You know a lot about ALDI, right?”
They’re people who have heard about ALDI, know it’s different, but aren’t sure if they should give it a try. They want a little pep talk, and I’m happy to give it to them.
ALDI has changed a lot since I started shopping there years ago: They offer more organic and natural products and have a distinct focus on wellness (there are no synthetic dyes in their store brands and they have healthy checkout lanes with dried fruit, nuts, and no candy).
What hasn’t changed: You can still save up to 50 percent off your groceries compared to other retailers*.
|You might also like: How to Shop at ALDI|
I’ve taken a lot of my friends on an aisle by aisle trip through the store to point out what I like to buy, and I’ve written a few different posts on my favorite items. But I wanted to collect everything into one big shopping list (that’s also a printable) of the best healthy food to buy at ALDI. So, if you’re new to ALDI or just want some new ideas for things to buy, take this along next time you’re there!
A quick note: I include a lot of organic products on this list–not because I recommend eating all-organic (my own grocery cart tends to a mix of both organic and conventional). Rather, I wanted to give a special shout-out to the organic products at ALDI since many people don’t realize they carry those. I also favor organic varieties of products when they have shorter, simpler ingredient lists.
What would be on YOUR must-have ALDI list?
Healthy Grocery List for ALDI:
- SimplyNature Organic Quinoa
- Specially Selected Brown Basmati Rice
- SimplyNature Organic Quick Cook Brown Rice
- Earthly Grains Quick Cook Ancient Grain Mixes
Nuts & Seeds
- SimplyNature Chia Seeds
- SimplyNature Hemp Seeds
- SimplyNature Milled Flax Seed
- Southern Grove Retreat Trail Mix
- Southern Grove Nuts (including cashews, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, and peanuts)
Cooking & Baking Staples
- Specially Selected 100% Maple Syrup
- Berry Hill Honey or SimplyNature Organic Wildflower Honey
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Stonemill Spices or SimplyNature Organic Spices
- Stonemill Pure Vanilla Extract
- Priano Balsamic Vinegar
- Carlini 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or SimplyNature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- SimplyNature Organic Coconut Oil
- Southern Grove Pitted Dates (unsweetened)
- Baker’s Corner Yeast Packets
- SimplyNature Organic Canned Tomatoes
- SimplyNature Organic Chicken, Beef, and Vegetable Broth
- Casa Mamita Taco Shells
- Fit & Active 100% Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Specially Selected Salad Dressings (we like the Raspberry)
- SimpyNature Organic Almond Butter
- SimplyNature Organic Shredded Wheat cereal
- Millville Old Fashioned Oats
- SimplyNature Organic Beans (including black, pinto, and garbanzo)
- Pueblo Lindo Dry Beans (including pinto and black)
- SimplyNature Organic Dry Lentils
- SimplyNature Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- SimplyNature Unsweetened Applesauce or Lunch Buddies Natural Applesauce
- SimplyNature Organic Popcorn
- Elevation Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars
- SimplyNature Freeze Dried Fruit
- SimplyNature Green Pea Crisps
- Choceur Dark Chocolate
- Savoritz Woven Wheat Crackers
- Southern Grove Raisins
- SimplyNature Organic milk
- SimplyNature Organic Whole Milk Plain and Vanilla Yogurt
- SimplyNature Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- Priano Fresh Mozzarella
(I buy anything we need in the produce aisle, but these are some of my favorites)
- Organic baby carrots
- Artisan Lettuce Mix
- SimplyNature Organic Baby Arugula, Spring Mix, and Mixed Greens
- Mini Sweet Peppers
- Season’s Choice Frozen Fruit or SimplyNature Organic frozen fruit
- SimplyNature Organic Chunky Fruit Bars
- SimplyNature Organic Frozen Vegetables
*Based upon a price comparison of comparable products sold at leading national retail grocery stores.