I’m Sally. I’m a registered dietitian and mom to two Star Wars-obsessed boys. I’m passionate about helping my kids develop a love of fresh foods and helping other moms do the same.
But I don’t eat “perfectly” and neither do my kids. Our eating habits are works of progress, just like we are.
I created this blog as a no-judgements zone to share what works (and what doesn’t!) when it comes to feeding a family. This is a place to get ideas, recipes, inspiration–and most of all, reassurance.
What you’ll find here:
- RECIPES for breakfast, dinner, snacks, and drinks
- ADVICE for raising happy, healthy eaters, including strategies for picky eaters
- RESOURCES for improving the snack culture in your child’s school, sports team, or camp
- TIPS for grocery shopping, label reading, and saving time and money in the kitchen
1. I’m a realist. I’m okay with my kids having junk food occasionally. But the junk food culture on the sidelines of kids’ sports makes me crazy.
2. I believe that a diet based around mostly whole foods is the best way to eat. But I can’t stand fear mongering when it comes to food, and I don’t label foods as “toxic” or “poison”.
3. I truly love healthy, fresh foods. But I also have a mean sweet tooth and love to bake (and eat) homemade goodies.