There are many reasons I love this recipe from my new book Dinnertime Survival Guide:
- I can skip the questionable ingredients in bottled barbecue sauce and use four pantry staples instead.
- It cooks under the broiler (or on the grill) in no time.
- I can mix up a big batch of the rub and keep it in the pantry for multiple meals.
- I let my kids eat it right off the sticks (and serve it with other handheld sides like the ones above) so there are no utensils to wash.
- It’s so easy it barely feels like cooking–which is why it’s featured in chapter 10, which is titled “Frankly, I Just Don’t Feel Like It” (because sometimes, I don’t).
Easy BBQ Chicken Kebabs
Total Time 29 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders 10 tenders
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Thread chicken tenders onto 10 (4 1/2- to 6-inch) skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes before grilling to prevent scorching.
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; stir well, and rub over tenderloins.
- Place skewers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 8 minutes on each side or until done, turning skewers occasionally.
Serving: 2tenders | Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 324mg | Sugar: 4g