4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies from Real Mom Nutrition

The best part about making cookies is, in my opinion, eating the dough. I know it’s not right. Or safe for that matter. Yet I do it anyway.

That’s why I love these cookies: They taste like peanut butter cookie dough, even after they’re baked.

And they only contain four ingredients–all of which you probably have right now in your kitchen.

You can also fill them with melted chocolate or hazelnut spread, like this:

Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches from Real Mom Nutrition

I modified this recipe from one I found in IBS-Free at Last! a book about following the FODMAP Elimination Diet (something I’m trying right now to ease some chronic woes). I reduced the sugar by half, and added oats.

4.7 from 3 reviews
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • ½ cup oats
  • ½ cup sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
  3. Roll into 1-inch balls or drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. Press the tops of the cookies with the back of a fork (dipped in sugar) to make a crisscross design.
  5. Bake about 10-12 minutes or just until the tops start to look dry.
  6. Cool 1-2 minutes, then remove from baking sheet and place on cooking rack.

Liked this post?

Sign up for my weekly Reality Bite email with tips, ideas, and encouragement and you'll receive a FREE e-book, "16 Game-Changing Tips For Feeding Kids".

Comments

• says

Andy–I’ve tried the Nutella/PB mix (and eliminated the sugar). It’s good but definitely changes the texture to eliminate the sugar. And they aren’t quite as sweet. Haven’t tried chocolate chips yet though. Let me know if you come up with something good!

1. Tracy says

I try not to use any sugar in recipes, I sub honey. How do you think the texture will be if I use honey with this recipe?

• says

Hey Tracy–I’m pretty sure someone told me they used honey in it and had success. You may need to add a bit more oats to get a dough-like texture.

2. Tracy says

FODMAP saved me!! I was diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis, and no amount of medication was helping. I’d had 2 colonoscopies in 2 years to rule out more urgent problems. I’d have days where leaving the house was difficult, and I was having trouble working out, running, sleeping, sitting through kids events, etc. How miserable. The doctor told me I could try FODMAP, when I brought a copy to an appointment, but he doubted it’d help, as this colitis is so tricky. It quickly became obvious I had developed an intolerance to onions, and I ate onions in EVERYTHING!! I am doing so much better, am on just a base level of meds for small flares, and can eat without fear of discomfort or embarrassment. Good luck!

• says

That’s great to hear Tracy. I’m glad you were able to pinpoint exactly what was bothering you. I’m still trying to figure that out for myself, but this story does give me hope. Thank you for sharing!

3. says

Hey we tried these and they were all gone in a day. I had been making the 3-ingredient version for snack time for years because it is a great way to extra calories and protein into my non-eating son (until peanut allergies put a stop to all that nonsense this year.)

The original recipe I found in Ryan’s grandmother’s cookbook. I even blogged about it:

So maybe it is an unfair bias, but Ryan says he still prefers the unhealthier version. 🙂 But I love cramming more nutrients in with the oats!

• says

Hey Kate–I love that blog post! Thanks for letting me know you tried them and that they were a hit! Tell Ryan the extra oats are good for him. 🙂

4. Vikki says

Hi there. I made these with my 4-year-old and our whole family loved them. My daughter wanted PB&J cookies, so before I popped them in the oven, I gave her a cork to make the “thumbprints”…I cooked for 6 minutes, then took them out and added a dollop of blueberry jelly. Cooked for 6 more minutes and they were delicious! I’ve been a reader of your blog for a while now and just want to say thank you for sharing everything you share. From recipes to nutrition, etc. Your pizza dough is my go-to. And as a mom of two, I appreciate your insight on food matters and children. Basically, I’m a superfan! Thanks for doing what you do.

• says

Vikki–I’m so glad to hear the cookies were a hit! And what a creative twist on the recipe by adding blueberry jelly. And thank you so much for your kind words about my blog, you made my day! Glad to have you as a “superfan”. 🙂

5. Hélène says

Insta cookies! (if you keep nut butter in your house lol)
    Im just using stevia glycerite for the sweetener and adding some salt, vanilla and cinnamon but I love how they’re mostly nutbutter balls 🙂

Trackbacks