One of the biggest takeaways from my recent reader survey (if you haven’t taken it yet, head on over!): You want dinner recipes that are easy, healthy, and fast. This one for Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Meat is ALL of the above.
It comes from Michelle Dudash, a Cordon Bleu-certified chef, registered dietitian, and the author of Clean Eating For Busy Families. She just launched an online program called the Clean Eating Cooking School that includes monthly meal plans, recipes, weekly grocery lists, video tutorials, and tons of resources to not only simplify cooking–but also make you a better, more confident cook. It covers breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, desserts, and entertaining.
Michelle gave me a peek at one of the monthly plans, and my immediate reaction was: This looks amazing–and my family would eat all of it! I especially loved this Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Meat. Put five ingredients in the slow cooker, then set out a variety of toppings, and you’re done. It’s also a perfect meal for doubling and freezing for later.
Learn more about Michelle’s Clean Eating Cooking School and get three free training videos here.
Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Meat
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 6- ounce can tomato paste
- 1 small onion diced 1/4 inch (about a cup)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce use GF if desired
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Mexican-seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-5 on the LOW setting.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings,
Photo by Michelle Dudash, RDN.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Michelle Dudash, RDN.