One of the biggest takeaways from my recent reader survey: You want dinner recipes that are easy, healthy, and fast. This one for Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Meat is ALL of the above.
It comes from Michelle Dudash, a Cordon Bleu-certified chef, registered dietitian, and the author of Clean Eating For Busy Families.
Put five ingredients in the slow cooker, then set out a variety of toppings, and you’re done. It’s also a perfect meal for doubling and freezing for later.
Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Meat
Put five ingredients in the slow cooker, then set out a variety of toppings, and you're done. It's also a perfect meal for doubling and freezing for later.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 6- ounce can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced 1/4 inch (about a cup)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, use GF if desired
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Mexican-seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-5 on the LOW setting.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings,
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Cholesterol: 41mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0.5gProtein: 15g
Photo by Michelle Dudash, RDN.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Michelle Dudash, RDN.