One of the biggest takeaways from my recent reader survey: You want dinner recipes that are easy, healthy, and fast. This one for Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Meat is ALL of the above.
Put five ingredients in the slow cooker, then set out a variety of toppings, and you’re done. It’s also a perfect meal for doubling and freezing for later.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 6- ounce can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced 1/4 inch (about a cup)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, use GF if desired
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Mexican-seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-5 on the LOW setting.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings,
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Cholesterol: 41mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0.5gProtein: 15g
Photo by Michelle Dudash, RDN.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Michelle Dudash, RDN.