The Polar Vortex got me dreaming of warmer temperatures in faraway places–where thermometers have never seen minus 10 degrees at high noon and where you don’t need to wear a ski mask to take out the recycling.
That was the inspiration for this smoothie, a new favorite of mine. Close your eyes and it’s part fruity summer drink, part vanilla milkshake.
Read “Make-Ahead Green Smoothie Packets” for tips on assembling these ahead of time.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup frozen peaches, or pineapple
- 2 generous handfuls fresh baby spinach
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender in the order listed, ending with spinach.
- Process until completely smooth.
- Think about palm trees and flip-flops while drinking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 smoothie Serving Size: 1 smoothie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Sodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 8gSugar: 23gProtein: 5g