These healthy homemade yogurt tubes are made with just four wholesome ingredients and then frozen for a special warm-weather treat.
This post was created in partnership with The American Dairy Association North East.
Somehow when yogurt pouches are popped into the freezer, they become a special treat. At least my kids think so.
Frozen homemade yogurt tubes are also easy to DIY. Make them yourself and you know they won’t include extra thickeners, faux flavorings, or synthetic dyes. You’ll also know there’s a whole cup of real fruit in each batch, in the varieties your kids like best–plus calcium, potassium, protein, and vitamin D in each tube.
How to make frozen homemade yogurt tubes
The recipe couldn’t be easier. Simply blend the ingredients together, pour into pouches, and freeze. A few notes:
- Feel free to use the kind of yogurt and milk you keep on hand. I generally buy whole-milk yogurt but 1-percent milk, since that’s the kind my kids prefer.
|You might also like: Is Whole Milk Healthier?|
- Use the fresh or frozen fruit your kids like best.
- To make the green color, use a cup of pineapple or peaches and a handful of spinach. You can also add a handful of spinach to any variety for extra nutrition.
- It’s easier to pour the mixture into the pouches if you transfer it to a measuring cup with a spout first.
- The ice pop pouches I used here are Zipsicles. Scroll to the bottom for two reusable options as well.
I created a video for the American Dairy Association North East that shows how to make them. You can watch the video on their Facebook page here.
Frozen Homemade Yogurt Tubes
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (I use whole-milk yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit such as blueberries, raspberries, peaches
Place all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
Pour mixture into reusable or disposable pouches or molds. Freeze until firm.
I sometimes get asked why I include dairy in my kids’ diet, and you can read my answer here.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Homemade Yogurt Tubes made with just four ingredients:” quote=”Homemade Yogurt Tubes made with just four ingredients:”]
WHERE TO BUY POUCHES FOR YOGURT TUBES
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.