Homemade hummus is as easy as pushing a button! Skip the store bought and try this easy recipe instead.
When I finally got around to making homemade hummus, I couldn’t believe how simple it was. I’d been spending way too much money on store-bought hummus that wasn’t half as good. I love it because it has lots of lemon, doesn’t require too many ingredients, and can be made in the blender (or food processor).
Serve it with some pita (or pita crackers) and cut-up veggies. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Very Lemony Homemade Hummus
- 2 15- ounce cans chickpeas drain and reserve the liquid
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 clove chopped garlic or 1/2 tsp. jarred minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste a paste made from ground sesame seeds usually sold in the “ethnic foods” section of the grocery store
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place beans, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and tahini in blender or food processor.
- While you blend it, drizzle in olive oil.
- Scrape side and continue to blend, drizzling in reserved liquid from beans until you get the consistency you want.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.