Peanut Butter Noodles With Carrots & Broccoli
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti uncooked (1/2 box)
- 1/2 pound cooked shredded chicken (optional, you can also use cubed tofu)
- 3 T. canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cups creamy peanut butter I used natural
- 3 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 T. lime juice about one lime
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup raw grated carrots
- 2 cups cooked chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes optional, I didn't use them
- 2 scallions sliced into thin rounds
While the pasta is cooking, combine the oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey and vinegar in a large serving bowl. Using a whisk, mix until smooth.
Add the spaghetti, carrots, broccoli and red pepper flakes (if using) and toss the coat the noodle mixture completely. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Serve hot or cold.
Calories: 574kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 601mg | Sugar: 9g