Stone-Ground Mustard and Apricot Salmon
- 2 4- ounce wild salmon fillets with skin
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard also referred to as whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons apricot preserves
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper freshly ground, to taste
Preheat the broiler and place the oven rack about 5 to 6 inches away from the heat source.
Line a rimmed cookie sheet or broiler pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine the mustard and apricot preserves.
Place the salmon on the prepared pan, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
Remove and spread mustard mixture evenly over the top and cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
To store, cover and refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1fillet | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 767mg | Potassium: 386mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.9mg