Baked Turkey Tacos
A perfect meal for a busy weeknight, these Baked Turkey Tacos are family-friendly and nutritious and can easily be made ahead.
Servings 12 tacos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 pound ground turkey I use 85% lean
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup refried beans if using canned, that's about a half-can
- 1/3 cup enchilada sauce homemade or store-bought
- 12 hard taco shells
- 3/4-1 cup shredded cheese such as cheddar or taco variety
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add onions and cook 1-2 minutes while stirring.
Increase heat to medium-high and add turkey, stirring and cooking until browned (should reach a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Drain excess liquid if needed (if you use leaner turkey, you may be able to skip this step).
Reduce heat to medium-low and add seasoning and beans. Stir to combine.
Add enchilada sauce and stir well. Remove skillet from heat.
Fill taco shells evenly with mixture. Place shells in a 9x13 pan and top with shredded cheese.
Bake uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until melted and heated through.
Serve immediately with toppings such as avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 19g | Sodium: 566mg | Sugar: 1g