When I’m craving something sweet, I turn to this recipe for an easy cookie fix. Although some recipes like this blend all of the ingredients together before baking, this version lets you add different kinds of toppings right before baking. You can get your kids involved by letting them mix the batter and add their favorite toppings to.
Tip: To make sure you always have bananas on hand, save your ripe bananas by removing the peels and wrapping in plastic wrap to keep in your freezer for a few months. Then just remove from the freezer, unwrap and place on a plate, & defrost for 1 minute in the microwave.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal, or grind sliced or whole almonds in a food processor
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine bananas, oats, almond meal, and cinnamon and stir until well-combined.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out batter and form into a 1-inch ball on baking sheet.
- If you want, add your choice of toppings such as fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries, or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.