Let’s pretend it’s autumn, shall we? Because I’d rather be crunching through leaves while wearing jeans instead of swatting mosquitos while sweating through a sundress. The thermometer may refuse to budge, but I’m moving on. In the snack department at least.
There is perhaps no more perfect fall snack than slices of crisp apples dipped into peanut butter. It’s a regular request around here, and one day I decided to be Fun Mom and add a small handful of mini chocolate chips on top.
You would’ve thought I’d announced “Video game free-for-all!” or “Ice cream for dinner!”.
Just a small sprinkling of chips makes this every day snack a little extra special.
Try these variations:
- Use almond or cashew butter instead of peanut butter
- Use SunButter, which is tree nut- and peanut-free
- Use cacao nibs instead of chocolate chips
- Add a sprinkling of unsweetened coconut flakes or granola on top of the chocolate chips
- Make your own natural peanut butter–here’s how.
I hope your kids will flip for it too!
Get more ideas and recipes with apples: 5 Healthy Apple Recipes.
[Tweet “Fun after-school snack idea: Apples with Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter”]
Leave a Reply