Who takes kale salad to a potluck picnic? I do! (Is that weird?)
Wherever I take it, this salad gets rave reviews–and many requests for the recipe. Now it’s featured in my new book Cooking Light Dinnertime Survival Guide. Bonus: This salad actually gets better with time, as the lemony dressing softens the leaves.
Speaking of those leaves, scroll down for an easy how-to on removing the tough center stem from kale.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups loosely packed chopped kale
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients, tossing to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
Photo at top from Cooking Light Dinnertime Survival Guide
This post contains an affiliate link. If you purchase a product through this link, your cost will be the same but I will receive a small commission to help with operating costs of this blog. I only link to products I personally use and love. Thanks for your support!