This easy Beef Stir Fry With Peanut Sauce makes a fast weeknight meal and is packed with veggies and protein-rich beef.
Thanks to the Ohio Beef Council for sponsoring this post!
One of my boys eats his veggies first, the other one eats his veggies last (if at all). Except for stir fries. Stir fries have magical powers, especially when tossed in peanut sauce. At least they do in my house.
So this one is for my veggies-last boy. We recently found out that his iron levels are slightly low, so I’ve been focusing on iron-rich foods for him. A three-ounce serving of beef has the same amount of iron as eight ounces of chicken! So it packs a lot of iron in a small amount. Adding beef into meals also helps your body soak up the iron in any plant foods you’re eating with it. Plus, beef is rich in protein and a great source of essential nutrients like zinc and B vitamins.
I used skirt steak in this Beef Stir Fry, but you could use flank steak as well. Both slice into thin strips that cook up quickly and work well in a stir fry. When shopping for beef, I usually opt for organic or grass-fed when I can find it–or I buy from a local farmer here in Central Ohio. The Ohio Beef Council represents the 17,000 beef farming families in Ohio, including both conventional and organic.
|You might also like: Freezer Friendly Beef Burritos|
As for the veggies in this Beef Stir Fry, use the ones your family likes best!
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, snap peas, and peppers
- chopped green onions (optional for garnish)
- chopped peanuts (optional for garnish)
- Place soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a large skillet. Add sliced beef and cook until browned, stirring frequently. Remove from pan and drain any liquid from pan.
- Return pan to stove and heat remaining teaspoon of sesame oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, about 15 seconds. Add vegetables, stirring and tossing frequently until crisp-tender and still brightly colored (about four minutes).
- Add beef back to pan with veggies and stir. Add sauce to pan and stir until everything is combined.
- Serve on top of rice and garnish with chopped green onions and chopped peanuts, if desired.
Learn more about the Ohio Beef Council, and get more recipes featuring beef here. You can follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This easy Beef Stir Fry With Peanut Sauce makes a fast weeknight meal:Click To Tweet