I will put practically anything into popsicle molds: applesauce, yogurt and berries, the leftover juice at the bottom of a fruit cup. And for the most part, my kids will eat it.
I’m a little late to the green smoothie game. I don’t have a juicer and didn’t think my blender would be powerful enough to handle greens. And I knew that bits of kale or spinach floating at the top of a smoothie would be a deal-breaker for everyone.
Plus some extra for DIY Freezer Pops: Pour smoothie into Dixie cups, cover with plastic wrap, and then poke popsicle sticks through the top of the plastic wrap.
- 2 cups fresh spinach (put half at the bottom, half at the top)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ kiwi, peeled and cut (optional)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup ice (unless using frozen fruit)
- Blend and serve.
- Or freeze.
- Or some of both.
Then wipe your kids’ faces–because somehow, they’ve gotten smoothie on their foreheads.
Do you have a favorite smoothie or freezer pop recipe–green or otherwise?